Geelong Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in Geelong Community Directory!
We are developing geelong.info for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Geelong for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in Geelong?
Geelong, a port city situated in the south-western region of Victoria, Australia, has a vibrant community with an abundance of community groups catering to different interests and needs. In this article, we shall explore some of the best community groups in the region and the benefits they offer.
1. Geelong Sustainability Group: The Geelong Sustainability Group is a community-based organisation that aims to promote the concept of sustainability in the region. The group offers a range of services such as workshops, events, and consultancy services, all aimed at educating and advocating for sustainable living practices. Joining the Geelong Sustainability Group gives members access to a community of like-minded individuals and opportunities to learn and participate in activities that promote sustainable living. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Geelong Toastmasters Club: The Geelong Toastmasters Club is a non-profit organisation that seeks to help individuals improve their communication and leadership skills. Open to people of all ages and experience levels, the club provides a supportive environment where members can practice their public speaking, receive constructive feedback, and improve their confidence and leadership skills. Joining the Geelong Toastmasters Club is an excellent opportunity for individuals who want to develop their communication and leadership abilities in a fun and supportive environment. Contact: email@example.com
3. Geelong U3A: The University of the Third Age or U3A is an international organisation with over 200 members in Geelong. U3A Geelong provides opportunities for retired or semi-retired individuals to continue learning and participate in a range of activities such as talks, excursions, and social events. Members of Geelong U3A benefit from access to a range of classes and activities, opportunities to meet new people and make friends, and an increased sense of purpose and self-worth. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Geelong Viqueque Friendship Group: The Geelong Viqueque Friendship Group is a community-based organisation that promotes friendship and solidarity between the people of Geelong and Viqueque, a district in Timor-Leste. The group carries out a range of activities such as fundraising, visits to Viqueque, and organising cultural and educational events. Being a member of the Geelong Viqueque Friendship Group provides individuals with a unique opportunity to learn about a different culture, contribute to a worthwhile cause, and make a difference in the lives of people in Viqueque. Contact: geelongVTFG@gmail.com
5. Geelong Men's Shed: The Geelong Men's Shed is a community-based organisation that seeks to provide men with opportunities to participate in activities and socialise with other men. The Men's Shed operates on the principle of "men helping men" and provides a safe and friendly environment for men to work together on projects such as woodworking and metalwork. Joining the Geelong Men's Shed provides members with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends and socialise with others, and improve their physical and mental health. Contact: email@example.com
the region of Geelong has several excellent community groups offering a range of benefits for individuals who want to learn, socialise, and contribute to worthwhile causes. From promoting sustainable living to improving communication skills and providing opportunities to volunteer abroad, these organisations provide a range of services that cater to different interests and needs. Joining a community group in Geelong is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the community, meet new people, and improve personal well-being.
Geelong Community Articles