Geelong Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Geelong Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing geelong.info for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Geelong for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Geelong?
Geelong Galleries and Museums
Geelong, located in the state of Victoria, is home to a diverse range of attractions that cater to all tastes and interests. For art lovers, the region has plenty of galleries, museums, and historical venues to explore. Here are some top picks:
1. Geelong Gallery - This art museum is the oldest and largest regional art gallery in Australia. It houses an extensive collection of Australian and European art dating back to the 18th century. Located on Little Malop Street in Geelong, the gallery is open daily from 10 am to 5 pm.
2. Queenscliff Gallery and Workshop - This contemporary art gallery showcases emerging and established artists from around Australia. Located on Hesse Street in Queenscliff, the gallery is open from Thursday to Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm.
3. Boom Gallery - This contemporary art space displays a diverse range of contemporary art, design, and objects. It also features a cafe and events space. Located on Rutland Street in Newtown, the gallery is open Tuesday to Saturday from 9:30 am to 4 pm.
1. National Wool Museum - This museum showcases the Australian wool industry, featuring exhibitions, artifacts, and interactive displays. Located on Moorabool Street in Geelong, the museum is open daily from 9:30 am to 5 pm.
2. The Bellarine Railway - This museum features a collection of historic steam trains and carriages that you can explore. Train rides are also available on weekends. Located in Queenscliff, the museum operates on Sundays and some public holidays.
3. The Blacksmiths Cottage and Forge - This museum is dedicated to the history of blacksmithing in the Geelong region. It features a restored 1870s blacksmith workshop, forge, and living quarters. Located on Mercer Street in Geelong, the museum is open on Sundays from 1 pm to 4 pm.
1. The Old Paper Mills - This heritage precinct features restored bluestone buildings that formerly housed the CSIRO Division of Textile Industry. It now houses cafes, a winery, artist studios, and boutique shops. Located on Wallace Avenue in Fyansford, the precinct is open daily from 10 am to 4 pm.
2. Ford Discovery Centre - This museum celebrates the history of the Ford Motor Company in Australia. It features exhibitions on Ford's manufacturing processes, technology, and the company's iconic models. Located on Princes Highway in North Geelong, the museum is open on weekdays from 10 am to 4 pm.
3. Narana Aboriginal Cultural Centre - This cultural center showcases the history and culture of the local Wathaurong people. It features exhibitions, a cafe, and retail space. The center is located on Torquay Road in Grovedale and is open daily from 9 am to 5 pm.
Geelong and its surrounding areas offer a variety of galleries, museums, and historical venues that cater to all interests. From contemporary art to rich history, there is something for everyone to explore.
Geelong Galleries and Museums Articles